An application should contain the following documents:
- an informal letter of application indicating your qualifications and motivation for the M.D./Ph.D. program, your scientific interests and plans for your future in this career;
- a curriculum vitae and certificates;
- a letter of recommendation issued by the supervisor of your research project including the title of the project, confirmation of scientific support by the supervising team, confirmed reservation of your workplace and a financial plan for the period of your research;
- confirmation of an employment contract with the RWTH at the time of admission to the program;
- a description of proposed research project (DOC) showing the most important aspects of the project, current state of research and work plan of the project (after consultation with the supervisor); it should be clear that this is an ambitious research project that is expected to produce an important scientific contribution;
- the designation of the academic field in which the Ph.D. degree is sought (Dr. rer nat. or Dr. rer. medic.); this field must be represented by a scientific department in either the Medical Faculty or the Faculty of mathematics, computer science and natural sciences at the RWTH Aachen.