Profession and Career Planning for Female Medical Students
Do you want…
- ideas and strategies for starting and developing your career?
- to recognize and strengthen your potential and skills?
- to prepare for the demands in professional life with practical experiences?
- to profit from the experience and knowledge of someone in the field or management?
- to expand your contacts relevant to your career?
Then apply to TANDEMmed!
The program is integrated in the curriculum for the model course of study in medicine. By participating in it, you may acquire up to four credit points each semester (half-year).
During the one-year program, 15 to 18 participants are supported in planning and developing their professional career.
With the help of a doctor from the Faculty of Medicine with work experience (who you choose yourself), you can gain clarity about your professional and personal goals and plan your next career steps.
In addition to the individual advising from your mentor, you can also share your personal experiences and tips from your mentors in small peer-mentoring groups related to your specialty and give each other advice, too.
Several full-day training sessions offer a wide range of qualification and development opportunities.
These include, for example:
- Career planning and potential analysis
- Communication and self-presentation
- Communication in teams
- Academic writing
Various networking opportunities in the form of a biography series on successful career paths of in-house executives and themed afternoons help participants get in contact with other groups in university medicine.