BMGS-Segment: Cellular and Molecular Biology
Welcome to the homepage of the Biomedical Graduate School Aachen , in short: BMGS, segment “Cellular and Molecular Biology“!
The Biomedical Graduate School Aachen, BMGS, segment “Cellular and Molecular Biology
“ represents a graduate school for PhD students from the RWTH University Hospital Aachen and related Institutes from the RWTH University with scientific focus in the areas of immunology, cell biology, biochemistry, developmental biology, and microbiology.
It is organized by both PIs and PhD students and provides the basis for a structured PhD education. It fosters regular scientific communication between students and PIs from all participating institutions throughout the PhD.
It defines formal requirements and offers educational benefits such as regular topic seminars, retreats, participation at international conferences, a PhD club and soft skill courses.
It thereby provides the framework for scientific education during the PhD studies supporting scientific excellence at our institution.
The steering committee
- Ivan Gesteira Costa, Institute for Computational Genomics Centre of Medical Technology (MTZ)
- Mathias Hornef, Institute of Medical Microbiology, RWTH University Hospital Aachen
- Bernhard Lüscher, Institute for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, RWTH University Hospital Aachen
- Oliver Pabst, Institute of Molecular Medicine, RWTH University Hospital Aachen
- Gabriele Pradel, Cellular and Applied Infection Biology, RWTH University
- Martin Zenke, Institute for Biomedical Engineering, RWTH University Hospital Aachen